Welcome to the latest Cossie Club newsletter, you are receiving this email because you are on our email data base. If you no longer wish to receive these publications please unsubscribe by clicking on this link email@example.com . Please check out our new website http://www.taupocossie.co.nz . If you have some news, an upcoming event or a funny story to tell, send us an email and we will include it in the next publication firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUIZ NIGHT TONIGHT - 7.00PM
THIS FRIDAY'S ENTERTAINMENT
"10 Guitars Show" ...............The songs we all grew up with in one show !
“The 10 Guitars Show” is based around good old kiwiana party songs. It is a variety show, full of songs everyone knows and loves, sing alongs, dance songs and easy listening songs make up the repertoire.The show runs for three hours with two 15 minute breaks. The show includes a sing along section, where a medley of old party/sing along songs are played with the acoustic guitar, and the crowd is encouraged to interact and sing with the band, just like the old porch/shed parties we all remember.
MEMBERS DRAW THIS FRIDAY
Friday 28 July $1500 - Number 0356 - Not struck.
Friday 28 July Mini number - 0345 won $230.00
Tuesday 1 August $1200 - Number 7473 - Not struck.
Tuesday 1 August - Mini number 7472
FRIDAY NIGHT JOKERS WILD
Purchase your $2 per ticket for your chance to turn over the Joker card and win $500.
NEWS AROUND THE CLUB
SNOOKER SUCCESS: Congratulations to Rob Elvin and Neville Cambie who won the Club NZ’s North Island over 60 Snooker handicap pairs tournament at Tokoroa on the weekend. The pairs handicap was minus 14 (2nd lowest. Lowest was -21).
Toastmasters: The local Toastmaster s Club are holding a "demonstration evening" on Monday 14th August (7 pm) in the Tongariro room. This is an opportunity for those members who want to find out what Toastmasters have to offer. For further information, email the organiser Nigel Michels email@example.com.
WEEKLY EVENTS AT THE CLUB
- HOUSIE - Wednesday's from 1pm in the Tauhara Lounge upstairs.
- INDOOR BOWLS - Thursday afternoons and Monday night.
- EUCHRE - Sunday afternoons from 2pm.
- DANCING - Free dancing lessons, every Wednesday - click on the following link for further details http://www.taupocossie.co.nz/i/images/Documents/DancingJuly2017.jpg
- TAI-CHE - Monday, Wednesday, Friday 11.30 to 12.30pm.
FRIDAY NIGHT BUFFET ONLY $20.00 per adult.
You can check out our full menu by clicking on the link below:
JULY GAMING MACHINE JACKPOTS
- DATE 03/07/17 MACHINE # 11 AMOUNT WON $ 959.55
- DATE 05/07/17 MACHINE # 11 AMOUNT WON $ 901.16
- DATE 07/07/17 MACHINE # 06 AMOUNT WON $ 959.55
- DATE 09/07/17 MACHINE # 17 AMOUNT WON $914.95
- DATE 12/07/17 MACHINE # 14 AMOUNT WON $940.34
- DATE 15/07/17 MACHINE # 07 AMOUNT WON $1789.49
- DATE 15/07/17 MACHINE # 03 AMOUNT WON $818.76
- DATE 17/07/17 MACHINE # 12 AMOUNT WON $880.58
- DATE 19/07/17 MACHINE # 05 AMOUNT WON $907.78
- DATE 21/07/17 MACHINE # 13 AMOUNT WON $927.20
- DATE 23/07/17 MACHINE # 03 AMOUNT WON $925.46
- DATE 27/07/17 MACHINE # 18 AMOUNT WON $995.02
- DATE 29/07/17 MACHINE # 16 AMOUNT WON $962.61
TOTAL WON IN JULY: $12882.45
ENTERTAINMENT NEXT FRIDAY (11th AUGUST) - "FRET no MORE"
FUNNY OF THE WEEK
Iris was reading her Saturday newspaper, while her husband, Ben, was engrossed watching the TV sports channel.
Suddenly, Iris burst out laughing. 'Listen to this, Ben,' she said, 'There's a classified ad here where a guy is offering to swap his wife for a season ticket to Eden Park.
'Hmmm,' Ben said, not looking up from the TV.
Teasing him, Iris asked, 'Would you swap me for a season ticket?'
'Absolutely not,' Ben replied.
'How sweet, 'Iris continued, 'Tell me why not.?'
'Season's more than half over,' Ben trumpeted.